Spring Break Kayaking


For spring break, which was like a month ago at this point, I went to Florida to visit my cousins. Before anyone asks, we didn't go to the beach, but we did go kayaking twice. I wanted to go to the beach, because I love the beach, but it would have been 70 degrees there, which is far too cold for swimming.


The first day we went to a lake. It was so warm, even though the water was kind of cold, which was a nice change from the 50 degree weather at home.


The dock at the lake.


My uncle, aunt, dad, and half of my mom, in order from left to right.


There were a lot of palm trees that were all super pretty. The scenery was amazing. I was really feeling appreciative of natural beauty that week.
One of the trees was covered in lizards, and I absolutely love watching lizards, but they were too fast to photograph. If you so much as breathed in their direction, they completely disappeared.


I did find this little frog posing for me. He was cute.


My cousin's kayak.
I spent most of the time out on the lake without my camera, because I would hate to splash it and ruin it, you know? We paddled all the way across the lake and then around part of the side. There were some college students having a canoe race that I got to watch. I got sunburned on my arms and the back of my hands, and the top of my right ear which was new. Short hair brings unique challenges.


Another day we went to a state park with a bunch of springs and glass bottom boats.


 Look at those fish.



 The inside of the boats were super pretty too. I have a few other pictures, but I'd rather not post pictures of strangers without their permission, you know? Seems fair.


 I like that you can see the reflections of the portholes on the other side of the boat in this one.


 This one is very dark but if you make it bigger it's cool I promise.


A stick and some neat light.



The riverbanks were so lush and pretty.




Fun fact that's a cliff on the right and the left part is like 10 feet below it.


We got ice cream and the store was pretty. I felt like such a stereotypical instagrammer taking this.


Some kayakers on the river. The river was so gorgeous. 


We kayaked this same route a little while later. I didn't bring the camera because of the water. There were monkeys, turtles, and a bunch of duck-like birds that I don't think were actually ducks. My sister and I were sharing a double kayak and we almost ran over a duck. I felt kind of bad for him.
I freaked out basically every time we saw a turtle, because I love turtles. I mean, you could get me excited over a fuzzy caterpillar, so that's not saying a lot.


Look at that water!! It's so sparkly and blue and fantastic.
This photo is my phone background right now.


A boardwalk next to the river.

Besides kayaking, we also went to visit my great-grandparents and ordered copious amounts of seafood, because seafood is fantastic. Those things aren't as easy to blog about. Kayaking was definitely the highlight. I have determined that I really like it.
Have you ever been kayaking? What did you do for spring break?

Comments

  1. Ahhhh I love the glass bottom boat ride! And the kayaking!! and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing!! Glass bottom boats are so pretty!! And the river pictures were gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even better in person. The scenery was so amazing.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pics!! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like