I'd Fall In Love With The Sky {a poem}


I'd fall in love with a girl who held the sky in her chest
All clouds and colors
She would exhale something like fire
Rippling swirls of orange, purple, and pink
And while she held her breath I'd stare
Longing for those clouds
And when she drew them back in, I'd breathe again
Try to catch the colors before they vanished


I'd fall in love with a girl who let the winds drift through her ribs
Her heart of soft whites or warm grays
I'd climb mountains to hold it in my hands
She would stir the sky to ruffle my hair
And gave me her sunbeam jacket in the cold
I'd stand in the rain while she kissed my face
Gaze into her soft star eyes
Wander with her and never feel alone


I'd fall in love with the sky
And wish she was a girl with her hand in mine
We'd adventure together
Clear skies or clouds above
We'd both breathe in pieces of the sunset
Sharing my jacket, the sky, the scenery
And I'd watch the colors reflect in her glasses
Exist with her and feel loved


Here are some more pictures of the sky. You can never have enough of those.


The beach in South Carolina.


Blue Sky Outfitters


The view from my dance studio. (Don't mind the lights reflected in the window.)


Reflection.


Clouds and trees.


The sunrise from a few days ago.


Go out and appreciate the sky today. I know I will.

Comments

  1. Omgg I loved that poem!! So soft and romantic 😍 And those are very good sky pictures, the sky really is so beautiful, especially during cold sunny winter mornings and during sunsets😊💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been really appreciating the sky recently and I felt like I needed to share that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like