Art Class Drawings


Since I haven't done an art post in forever, here's one now. This semester I took an art class! Here are the various things that I made, with commentary.
(Click the pictures to make them bigger)


This is my sketch from the first day of class. It's not amazing, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's a can of spray glue, or something.


Learning to draw manga faces! This was pretty good for a first attempt. (it got a little smudged.)


Female manga faces freak me out. This is 100% of the reason I don't draw manga. This still has the reference lines on it because I didn't feel like finishing.


This teapot took me a very long time. The lid is a little wonky.


Flowerpot! I took some artistic license and didn't draw the dead plant in it. The front lip could be better, but the back lip really good.


Doodles. Hair and a blueberry.


SO PROUD OF THIS AHHHH. It's Amber! It took me 4 hours and two listens through Revolution Radio by Green Day to finish it. Now it's hanging on my bedroom wall.


This wasn't a class assignment, but I'm going to share it anyway. It's not totally finished, and I don't really want to finish it. This was the day I finally figured out how to draw hair.


I did not draw these!!! My art teacher did, but I colored them. I got to use markers for the ones on the left. I want art markers so bad, but they are also so expensive.


Made with ink, water, and a piece of crumpled plastic.


Made with ink and shaving cream. It looks really pretty, but the blue stripes come off on my fingers when I pick it up.


The stripes on this didn't come out as cleanly as the other one.


My first paint pour!


Another paint pour.


I love this so much!! It's so pretty. I haven't hung it anywhere yet, but I intend to.


A collage made of National Geographic pictures. Most of those magazines were older than I am, and there were a lot of weird pictures in them.


This is a photo of me and Sam, combined with a newspaper collage.

It seems like this year is going to be the year of inconsistent posting. I'm very sorry about that, and I don't think it's going to calm down over the summer. I am working on getting some drafts done though, at the moment I have two.

That's what I've been up to art wise! Which piece is your favorite?

Comments

  1. Ooh these are all so cool! I really like the paint pour ones, and the drawing of your cat is so good 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one made from plastic and the last art pour! Oh, and amber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the first one in my blog reader, and I thought it was a picture of a real glass for a split second. XD
    Great job! Also, I like your new blog layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was that good. XD
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. These are soooo good!! I love the one of Amber, that is seriously one of the best sketches I ever saw.
    I also like the shaving cream ones and the last paint pour, and the plastic one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom says she likes your cat too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like