Flood Photography


Large amounts of rain and flooding might become an annual thing. Roughly one year after I published Bad Places and How to Make Them Better, it was raining constantly. I went out to take pictures one day when the water was starting to go down and the sun was out. These photos were taken about three months ago.
(Click the pictures to make them bigger.)


Drains don't do much good when the water is equally high on the other side.


These two geese moved in while the water was still lake-like. I heard them a few times after that, but I never saw their nest.


I love this photo.
I finally made an Instagram account to post my photography a few weeks ago. The username is Minttea_photography if you want to check it out! I won't stop making photography posts on this blog, but I post more often on Instagram.


Since I'd worn my rain boots, I decided to wade out to a rock in the middle of the park. It made a little island that I stood on for a few minutes while I took this picture.


This bridge has sadly taken some permanent damage because of how much it's been underwater.


Sun sparkles! Around this point was when I realized my right boot was leaking. It wasn't bad enough to fill with water, but my sock got wet.


Fern.
I'll add a short life update while I'm here. I took my makeup AP U.S. History exam yesterday, because I was one of the people who hit the submit button during the first test and it didn't work. It was stressful, but I don't have that hanging over my head anymore.
It's Pride Month! At the moment it's not getting much attention on social media because of the Black Lives Matter protests, and I think that's reasonable. I'm considering another journal post to collect my thoughts. If you don't know what's going on, I encourage you to research. I can't help but feel that this is going somewhere.
That's all I have for today. I'm sorry that I disappeared for so long; I've forgotten what time is. I don't intend to go back to posting once a month.

Comments

  1. The photographs you took during the flooding are very pretty to look at but remind me what it's like to be living or staying someplace when it floods.
    Great pics of the geese, fern and useless drain!
    I have experienced leaking boots before - no fun at all.
    Speaking of Pride Month and Black Lives Matter, I noticed that the Customs and Border 'Protection' deployed its goons to the Stonewall Inn in NYC to suppress protests commemorating the 1969 Stonewall Riots protesting persecution of the LGBT community.
    It's always nice reading your posts. I haven't done a new post in quite a while myself.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like