Adventures in Macro Photography


Hi guys! Sorry I disappeared for a month again.
One of these days I'm going to stop apologizing and you all can just live with it. I don't think you expect much activity from me anyway.
(As of right now I am officially changing my posting schedule to every two weeks. That might help me out somehow?)
A quick life update before we begin. I got my driver's license yesterday! I know I've said that pretty much everywhere, but it's a big achievement. I don't have the official copy yet. My temporary copy is literally a sheet of printer paper, which I feel is not very good for security, but I should have a real one in like a week or two so it's fine.

I discovered a while ago that macro photography is pretty neat. My dad got some macro adapters for the camera lens. Given that I have never used an actual macro lens, I think they work pretty well. They weren't anywhere near as expensive either (I think $30?). I wandered around my yard for a while and took a lot of things.
These photos are my favorites. (Click the images to make them bigger.)


The picture that started it all. It looks very pale, but it's actually Theia's hand.


I gotta say this is one of my favorites.


Mint, deep in thought.


This wasn't taken with my macro lens, but I really like the picture.

Glowy toe beans.


This isn't very focused but I'm proud of those drips.


Our maple tree is pretty.


It's been so long since I took these that this peach is probably ripe now.


Soft.


Less soft. A little darker but I think it's my favorite of the two.

I've been taking a ton of doll photos recently and posting them on my Instagram @pointshoesdolls.  If you have any interest, I encourage you to check it out.

Comments

  1. This photography is really good and high quality! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these are so pretty!
    Naturalist side note: those flowers in the last two pictures are called Fleabane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo cool!! I love the one of the drips, and all the pretty flowers 😍 and your cat is so cute 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the driver's license! I was so relieved when I passed my test, it's a wonderful feeling.
    And your photography is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Lanie, I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like