Steal Home Before Sunset, Cover Up My Tracks

...Drive home with old dreams at play in my mind and the wind at my back
- Genesis 3:23 by The Mountain Goats


Hey guys!
I remembered that I had an entire folder of photos from a hike I took about two months ago. I'm currently feeling sad that I won't be able to go to camp this summer, so I'm appreciating nature in whatever form I can get.
I've decided that since I don't really post art anymore, I would use the song lyric title idea for my photography posts instead. If you don't listen to the Mountain Goats already, you should.
(Click the pictures to make them bigger.)

Several small plants grown out of a large rock.

At the beginning of the trail there were these huge rocks. This picture is too close to get the scale, but most of them were taller than me.

Dark green leaves frame the view into a sunny clearing with yellow flowers and blue sky.

I took a short detour into this clearing because it was pretty. It turned out to be a trail to one of their campsites.

Bright yellow flowers along a path in a forest clearing.

*cough* selfpromo *cough* This picture was the inspiration for the imagery in this series on Sincerely, Lanie!


I took a lot of pictures in this creek because I couldn't get over the fantasy vibes.

A small blond child stands in a stream, looking away from the camera. There are ripples in a sun spot around his feet.

Most of the photos had my brother in them. This one lets you see how clear the water was and how pretty the sun patterns looked.


This trail marker is pretty, but it looks like a tombstone to me.


Mountain Laurel! These flowers were almost everywhere.


Algae drips on the underside of a waterfall.


Close up drips. Fun fact: I was standing on a thin ledge and holding on to the top of the waterfall with one arm when I took this picture. If I'd slipped, I would have fallen into a pond and probably hurt myself on the rocks. My mom said I made her nervous.


This dog belonged to another hiker. They tried to get him to walk on the rocks, but he clearly wasn't interested.


Red flowers! I'm proud of the light composition in this one.


More Mountain Laurel.


I think they named it Laurel Falls for a reason. Surprisingly, it has nothing to do with my character of the same name.


I didn't expect this photo to turn out, but it's actually one of my favorites.


The theme color for this post is green. The woods were so vibrant.


We opted to take this boardwalk instead of the last part of the trail. It was really pretty, even though we had to walk along the side of the road to get back to our car.


Finally, this pretty birdhouse. I didn't check to see if there were any birds in it.

This is all I have today! Have you been on any hikes recently?

Comments

  1. Wooow, SO pretty photos!! They look really good ♥
    I haven't been on any hikes recently but I'm going to go on one very soon.
    Have a lovely day, Lanie!
    Ann xx
    love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hikes are wonderful, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty!
    By the way, the tall stalk with the white flowers ("I didn't expect this picture to turn out") is called Galax.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like