A microwave in a creek, because we all feel out of place sometimes

Honestly, it's been a weird few weeks for me. Here are some pictures from February and some fun memories from the past month.

My sibling

I joined my college's dance theater and I am really enjoying it. We're performing outside in the library courtyard, which is an interesting choice of venue, but the space-specific choreography is kind of cool. I've never performed outside before. I wore shorts to our first outdoor practice and scraped my legs and hands when I had to do floorwork on the stone patio. It can get very hot, but I have worn leggings ever since.

 My family came to visit me a few weeks ago. My mom brought me some flowers in a jar and my sibling brought me a plant, which is doing really well given my track record. (I say this as I leave it for ten days with no one to water it. If it dies I will be so upset.) I showed them the cool trees to climb and we did that for about an hour. There are some really nice magnolia trees on campus. I'd climbed one before, but I wasn't as brave as my sibling and didn't get very far up. 

That's my dad at the bottom and my sibling at the top.

Formal was last week and I had a lot of fun! I was worried I was going to be super awkward and stand in the corner the whole time, but I ended up getting some pictures and dancing with one of my friends for a while. I wore a red lace dress that I got at Goodwill the week before. I felt so comfortable with the people around me, which made me really happy. I'm enjoying the community here.

And of course, the promised Creek Microwave, which was not an exaggeration but an actual thing I found while poking around in the woods at the park. Who put him there? How long has he been there, trapped in dirt and leaves and muddy water? Is anyone going to give him a proper funeral?

I hope you're all doing alright and aren't stuck in a creek or anything. I'll be back soon.

Comments

You might also like