The Selcouth Award

Thank you to Anika for indirectly nominating me for the Selcouth Award!


 

The Rules:

  1. Thank the blog that nominated you (and a link if you’re willing).
  2. Nominate 5-10 blogs (links too!).
  3. Answer the 13 questions given, and give the definition of your favorite (or just beautiful) word.
  4. Ask 13 questions of your own. They must all be about writing, reading, books or book characters. Make them as creative/wacky/selcouth as can be!
  5. Post the rules and the picture in your post!
I nominate:
Ali @ Ali's Island
Blackiesunshine @ Silver Sky Dolls
 Megan @ A Barefoot Gal
Emma @ Drawn to Writing
Julia @ The Barefoot Gal

And of course, if you're reading this and decide that you want to try it, I will not stop you. Go right ahead.

Now for the questions!
When did you start writing?
I started seriously writing when I was in fifth grade.

What was your motive to start writing?
I wanted to write Warriors fanfiction. I have moved on now, except for one fanfiction story called Scattered Stones.

What is you favorite genre(s) to read/write?
Reading, I like dystopian, sometimes romance combined with something else, and teen fiction. Writing... I'm not sure. I write all sorts of things.

Is there a genre you just cannot stand?
Not really, but historical fiction bores me a little sometimes.

Who is your favorite character that you have made up yourself?
I answered this in my last tag, but I am going to give a different answer this time. Stonekit.
Stonekit is a Warrior Cat. He's is my favorite because he was the first real character that I created. He's best friends with a dead warrior called Lilyheart. He is afraid of battle and far more cautious than he used to be. He ended up luring lots of cats into a dangerous situation that got him seriously hurt. Lilyheart saved his life and that's why he loves her so much. Then she died, and he was heartbroken. She has visited him sometimes. He is the main character of Scattered Stones, an adaptation of the roleplay posts that he was in.

Who is your favorite character of another author?
I like Jessica Mastrani from When Lightning Strikes, by Meg Cabot.

Are you a pantser or planner?
Plantser. I try to plan, and sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. I had a plan for Caught Outside, except then it just sort of fell out the window. I have to keep my plots on the windowsill though, because otherwise they don't get any sunlight and don't actually grow.

What is your favorite thing about blogging? (This could be a feeling, inspiration, etc.)
I really love the feedback. I think that's my favorite thing. I have an audience and it makes me happy to think that actual people are reading my work and liking it.

In what kind of working environment do you process thoughts well and come up with your best ideas?
On the floor in the dark with my laptop, late at night. I come up with pretty good ideas while I'm washing dishes too.

What is your favorite quote?

You can't edit a blank page | Jodi Picoult:

What is a reading/writing achievement you are especially proud of?
Getting 20,000 words into the story of Caught Outside. It just feels amazing to be this far, even though I have a long way to go.
 

What is something a non-writer/blogger will never understand?
Developing characters. It takes so much thought to create another person! 

Lastly, what is your favorite word, and why?
I'm not sure if I have a favorite word, but I like the sound of fireflies. I just like the way it sounds.

I borrowed some of these from Anika, but here are my questions:
  1. When did you start writing/blogging?
  2. What motivated you to start writing?
  3. Have you ever tried NaNoWriMo?
  4. What is your favorite quote?
  5. What is your favorite author or book series?
  6.  Do you have a story or blog post that you are very proud of?
  7. Do you have fictional "friends" who post on your blog?
  8. Writing by hand or typing?
  9. What is something a non writer/blogger will never understand?
  10. Do you have a favorite genre to read/write?
  11. What was the first story you ever wrote?
  12. What is your favorite thing about reading/writing/bogging?
  13. What is your favorite word and why?
That's what I have for this tag. I still need to work on editing Caught Outside. I just need to do it but I also have school. *sighs*. Eventually.
Until later,
P.S. Do you like my new signature?

Comments

You might also like