You're Ripped at Every Edge but You're a Masterpiece

and now you're tearing through the pages and the ink. - Colors // Halsey
Header photo by me! I'm super proud of it.

If you haven't noticed, I'm running out of things to title art posts. I'm going to start using song lyrics.

A few months ago, I filled another sketch book. I've posted most of the things in it already, but I'm putting them all together in one compilation post now. I've also gained a bunch of followers since I posted them, so they'll be new to some of you.
(Click the drawings to make them bigger.)


The first thing in this sketchbook is this pen doodle! I got the sketchbook and a set of ballpoint pens for Christmas almost three years ago. I drew this in the car on the way to visit family.


I drew my hand for an art exercise. It's not very exciting.


A style page for Meredith from Caught Outside. I wasn't putting very much effort into the actual art.


 This was a visual of something that Meredith drew in the first chapter of Caught Outside.


A really bad drawing of Meredith's bedroom. I did actually try, but I was terrible at perspective.


A cover image that I made for Caught Outside! I actually really like this.


Lazy doodles of the six main characters. The two on the bottom are Mason and Henry, but I can't remember which is which because I never wrote their names down.


The design for Mr. Turtle's second birthday cake! Today is actually his fourth birthday.


A drawing of my cousin Braxton. He doesn't usually look like an old man.


A redraw of a character that I made a very long time ago.


This lovely cat! I'm very happy with it.


Look at the first LGBTQ+ characters I ever made! That's Dria on the left and Grace, her best friend and crush, on the right. Dria is originally from Shadowed, my 2016 NaNoWriMo project. She's bisexual, and her crush on Grace was a minor plot element. I never decided if Grace liked her back or not, but Grace died, so anything that might have happened got derailed.


Here's another drawing of Dria. She looks a little like a vampire.


I cropped this off at the bottom because *lowers voice* they aren't wearing any pants.
(It's not weird, I promise)
The sketch for this was drawn around the same time as the previous drawing, but I did the coloring almost a year later, which is why it looks so much better.


Ellie and Kaya!


 This was supposed to be a self portrait, but it didn't end up looking much like me.


Wooo this is bad. What was I even doing?


This is about the point where my art really started improving. This is Smoke Sky, one of my Killjoy OCs. I love them very much.


This was the first time I ever drew Glitter, Smoke Sky's best friend. She used to be so pale. Her skin kept gradually getting darker until I settled on something.
On a similar note, her torso is so long?? Or she's wearing her shorts really low.


Kaya! I remember that I listened to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (an MCR album) for the first time while I drew this.


This is one of my favorite things that I've ever drawn. I drew it almost a year ago, I think, and I'm still incredibly proud of it. This is the first example of Glitter's skin darkening.


A doodle of Party Poison and whatever that weird raccoon thing is in the corner.


Warriors fan art because Stoneflower is still my baby, even though I haven't done anything with him in years.


Glitter's final form. This was after I decided how dark her skin should be, what her hair texture was like, and where she had scars.


Dria and Laura! I love this drawing so much, and I'm so happy with it.


A terrible sketch of my friend Scarlet.


I drew this for my internet friend, Maura, but I sent it to her anonymously because I was nervous. If she's reading this: hi. That was me.


This was my Christmas gift for my sister, Sam. It's Lizzy, Kelly, and Addy running their ice cream shop. Lizzy is the redhead, Addy has the spoon, and Kelly is on the floor with the dog.


These are doodles based on each member of the Wellie Wisher trio. All credit goes to Allie and Sam because I did none of it.


I drew this when I was trying to figure out how to draw short hair. I think I did a decent job.


These smudgy colored pencil doodles are the last thing in my sketchbook.

That's everything in my sketchbook! Looking back at some of these things, I realized how much my art has improved in the past two years. Now I'm working on another sketchbook.
Which drawing was your favorite?

Comments

  1. These are awesome!! The cat is great, and as always Dria & Laura is one of my faves.
    I still remember the drawing contest I did, and when you showed me the redraw of Lillianne :) :) lol.
    The one you drew for your friend Maura is really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a good artist . ; ) and naming posts after songs is creative. Creativity makes blogs more interesting. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really enjoyed this!! I love your drawing style, it's really cool! :) I don't think I could pick a favourite... Maybe the one of Dria and Laura?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That one is definitely one of my favorites.

      Delete
  4. All of these drawings are so amazing! Great job!!

    Also, I love the song Colors so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawings! I want to get more into art and I love the way you draw your people. But my overall favorite would have to be the one you drew for Maura.
    Btw, I love Colors by Halsey! It's such a beautiful song; Halsey is an awesome singer/songwriter.

    vaishnavi // water under the bridge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like