On Being LGBT+


I went through so many intros for this post, and I've settled on putting everything you need to know in the title.
If you don't understand: It's me. I'm gay.

So I'm gay! That's a thing.

I've been wanting to come out since last September, when I realized that I would never be accepted for who I am if I hid it.
I've since realized that I'm never going to be "brave enough." That little shard of fear telling me I'm going to lose someone will always be there. I have friends and family members that read this blog, and I have no idea what their opinions on LGBT people are.
Maybe I'm going to regret this. Maybe I won't.

To clarify: I'm bisexual, but I also call myself gay. Either is fine with me.

I've been trying to leave hints that I'm not straight. However, I was nervous, so they are very subtle. Ten points if you can find one.

If you know me IRL and you are still confused or concerned: please text me. I won't get upset unless you're rude about it.

This got a bit more serious than I wanted, but it's what I have to say.
Please comment if you read because support is appreciated. Any hate will be deleted. Relevant questions will be answered.
Until later,

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you, and I know it must have taken a lot out of you to tell this to everyone. Though there will always be people who will stand against you, know I'm always here and I'm glad you summoned that bravery. I do hope you don't regret this, since this is a very important thing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made me cry a little. Thank you so much. ❤

      Delete
  2. This must have been hard for you to write, being honest about very personal aspects of yourself like this is not easy, believe me I know. This was very brave of you, I have so much respect for you right now ❤😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This post was in my drafts for a long time before I actually worked up the courage to post it.

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome Evy!! I just want to say I one hundred percent support you and want to say I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* This must have been so hard for you to write!!! I don't believe in LGBT+ and being gay and such, but I do love you so much and still think you're an amazing person and friend. I hate so much how other people who don't believe in it hate on the LGBT+ community because they have different beliefs. We're all people, and we're all different, no matter what we believe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so late, but girl... *hugs*

    Like Anika, I cannot fully support the LGBTQ+ community due to my religious beliefs, but I do support people and believe that you should do whatever makes you happy and whatever you think is right for you. Different beliefs shouldn't divide us. <3
    You're such an amazing person, and I hope you find joy and acceptance. <33

    I'm not a part of the community, but I have friends who are, and I've seen how hard it can be, so if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get 10 points, I found a hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the fact that this is anonymous slightly creepy. You only get the points if you can tell me what it is.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it anonymous that was accidental. And the hint is GET CRUSHES ON PEOPLE YOU CAN DATE. In the February post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you were not the person I was expecting, but thanks for noticing? And yes, that is one of the hints. There are two more, I think, if you're inclined to look through all my posts from the past six months to find them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like