Evan Interviews: Katrisse Evold


Hello all!
It’s Evan, back with another interview. Today I will be interviewing Katrisse Evold, a character from my good friend Carol’s novel, Gazing at the Stars!
During the interview, I’ll be talking in bold, and Katrisse will have normal font.

Let's get to the interview!

1. What is your full name and what does it mean?
My name is Katrisse Maciel Evold. I do not think Katrisse is a real name.
I did, however, find one thing. It means graceful, on one web site I found. The other things I found said if you are named Katrisse, you should be like (blank), but none of them were like me. I was named after my maternal grandmother. Also, my mother's maiden name was Kandice Macin Muri, and my middle name, Maciel, is taken from her middle name.

Katrisse is a real name, but it doesn’t seem to have a meaning.

2. Are you the star of your own book? Any hints about what’s in it?
I am the main character of the half-finished sequel to Gazing at the Stars, by Caroline. I was a secondary character in Gazing at the Stars. The sequel has no name yet.

3. How is your relationship with your family?
My mom died when I was four. My father Maurice...I was really close with him, but he died in the attempt to rescue me from the prison. I did escape, but after he died. It makes me really sad. I just loved him so much. CAROL WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME NOW I AM AN ORPHAN!!

4. What is your job?
I wouldn't say I have a job, but currently I am working for the cause of the people of the galaxy Pinkor, to help them fight against the tyrant Gengas the Nahk.

5. What would you say is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength [is] probably my ability to love (No, I am not Harry Potter) and my loyalty to family/friends. I'm a Gryffinpuff.

6. What about your greatest weakness?
Probably the fact that I can feel pain. I try to be strong, but it is just hard. I didn't give in under torture, but I would have soon.

7. Would you consider yourself a hero?
No. I'm not a hero. That's Juliett. She came and saved the world.

8. Who are your closest friends and how did you meet them?
Well, Chase is one of my closest friends, but that will be answered next. Juliett and Lacy, the youngest princesses, are probably that. I met Juliett in the battle. I killed two Shaamons that were attacking her. Princess Lacy I met after the battle. Well, I knew of her existence, but I really befriended her on the ship on the way to Gengas's palace, the first time [I went]. She and Angel and Darling, the oldest princesses, had always seemed set apart, but I realized that they were just girls like me.

9. Who is this Chase person I keep hearing about?
Chase is Prince Chaltaris- excuse me, King Chaltaris. He is 15 like me, and he is Juliett's youngest sibling. He became the King after his father, King Jamesthew, died.

(This additional information was provided by Carol, Katrisse’s biographer.)
Chase fell in love with Katrisse after she moved to the castle, at the beginning of the sequel. fyi this is another spoiler. On a certain journey on the spaceship that belongs to the palace, they accidentally flew into an asteroid field. The princesses, the queen, and the 5 Finshis were on the ship too, and Soper was steering. Also, there was a storm. A small asteroid knocked a wall off the ship, and Chase and Katrisse fell off. Then they caught hold, but after they got back up, Katrisse realized she loved Chase. And then when he rescued her from the dungeon and they escaped a lot of Catguards, they kissed and that proved that I should never try to write romance. I am pretty sure they will get married at the end.

Aww, a love story! That brings to mind another question. 
10. What is your honest opinion of Carol? Is she doing your biography justice?
Well, since I think my thoughts, and she writes down my thoughts, I figure that it's the best I can get for my story to be known. I can't write, and besides I'm too busy to write an autobiography. She writes almost everything she should.
Anyway, I still don't know if I will remain alive, and for some reason Carol won't tell me, but I guess it is so I can make my own decisions without knowing the outcome.

Well Katrisse, it was nice interviewing you!

Thanks for doing this, Evan! These questions were really good.
Also, thank you for reading about me, everyone. If you ever read a book with me in it, you will be able to say, "I know about this book!" Carol's hoping to get both books published, so you have just read an exclusive summary-type spoiler-filled interview before it even exists!
Thank you again!
- Katrisse

You're very welcome.
Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed the interview.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for doing this, Evan! since you called me Carol in the interview, i can't comment with my own name, but you know who I am ;) i would like to add that, while Katrisse does not consider herself a hero, she is very much so (just so everyone gives her the credit she deserves :) Thanks again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! I haven't gotten a chance to read your book yet, but she does sound like a hero.
      -Evan

      Delete
    2. She is a hero in both books, but in the finished book she doesnt appear until the end. in the unfinished one she is the mc though...

      Delete
    3. Carol, on question #9 you gave waaay too much information.
      And seriously Evan that was a PERSONAL information. we don't want the whole world to know about this. chase's mom doesnt even know yet.
      (this is Carol now)
      Lol don't listen to them. it doesn't matter.

      Delete
    4. Well, er. Since I'm not sure which one of you to listen to, I will not edit the interview. If you would like to legally complain, send me an email. (Jk, I know it's fine.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like