I Broke My Resolution

In this post that I wrote back in January, I laid out my resolutions for the year. One of them was to not buy another American Girl Doll.
You probably knew this was coming.




Meet Nadia Brooke!



Nadia is an Elizabeth Cole doll that Allie and I rescued from a Goodwill. She was in amazingly good condition. All we had to do to restore her to good condition was wash her hair and clean her limbs.



I can't imagine who would have given her to Goodwill! She could have easily been sold for fifty dollars on Ebay as a TLC doll. But I got her for ten, so I'm not complaining.
She came wearing everything in these photos but the shoes: the dress, headband, earrings, socks, and the slip under the dress. 



Her hair is so gorgeous! It might be my favorite hair of all my dolls. (Sorry, Ellie, but your bangs are a nuisance.) 



Nadia is the first Josefina mold in my doll collection.
She's also kind of my look-alike. Wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, not the tiny classic-mold nose. Her hair behaves better than mine, though. 




Nadia is not going to be kept as a historical doll, though. After this photo shoot, her style transformed into that of a modern fangirl (Jeans, tee shirts, and the like).




The last two are some that Allie took of her. Her shirt says "Find And Replace" which is the name of a "band" that Allie and Charlie and I made. It's named after the find and replace function in most word processors.

Do you think Nadia is as gorgeous as I do? Have you already broken some unrealistic resolution? Tell me!

Comments

  1. She has green eyes like Felicity and her hair color is a lot like Kailey's. She's a pretty doll. why the heck would someone put her in Goodwill?? ... I was just bout to switch my Samantha doll out of a nightgown and into a get crazy outfit for a baseball playoffs party night. She wants to say hi.

    Samantha: Hi Miss Nadia. I really hope your new owner/friend takes good care of you!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so obvious in the pictures, but her eyes are actually light blue. I know! She's gorgeous and was fixed up easily.
      Nadia: Hi Samantha! It's been really nice so far. Much nicer than a thrift store!

      Delete
    2. Oh . Wrong eye color then. Nice to know. And As of now Samantha is dealing with he loud celebrations Molly and Felicity are giving out because the Boston Red Sox , their team they want to win the playoffs, just defeated the Yankees. She ( Samantha) is not happy over the loud hard rock music, Molly jumping on tables , etc.

      Delete
    3. Question: Do you give your dolls specific personalities? Many of my dolls have some type personality similer to part of me OR have one of the illnesses I have. Molly has Bipolar II, so her moods can sometimes be all over the place and at least once she tried to kill herself due to the depression part of manaic depression at its worst. ( Bipolar Disorder.) She also is way too obsessive over making sure I look "cute." for church and school or whatever. Kailey is ADHD. The name of the illness ( ADHD is the common term for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.) self explains. felicity just has a crazy passion for learning new things academically. My tendancy to not do my class work in time at times drives her nuts. Jenny has a bad ar, I need fixed. She does my morning Bible studying and prayer time with me in the morning. Kirsten is a Barista in training.

      Delete
    4. And Samantha is best summed up as my longtime best friend. She has helped me with many times I felt like I was falling apart or ither problems broke out. Many tears from my depression, and just giving me company when I get very alone. Today I had her helping me clean out my greenhouse.

      Delete
  2. WHOA!! This is such an awesome find, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like