Sequioa National Park {Part 2}

Here we are at Sequoia National Park part 2! If you missed part 1, you can find it here.





Starting back where we left off. This is the last picture I took walking down Moro Rock.


Some charred trees that seemed to be doing just fine.


I couldn't decide which picture I liked better.


This is not one, not two, not even three, but four trees fused together. You can see two from this side and two from the other side. I wonder if that's why sequoias get so big.


Some shrubs and stuff.


This part of the trail was so pretty.





Look at this leftover hail! There was a bunch of it on the trail.


What should you do when you find a cool thing? Sit on it. Obviously.


My Dad climbed up there before I did, and some lady asked him to stay there for her picture. Lesson: When you do weird things, tourists will want pictures with you.




This stump was somehow still standing, despite having almost nothing on its other side.


Berries!


This was a pretty impressive pine cone.


Another cool natural feature that we decided to sit on.
Also, can we appreciate how absolutely massive that tree is??


I just thought this was cute. Thanks, Dad!
After this we went back to the museum and ate lunch. We hung out in the car for a little while because we were tired, and then we drove over to a meadow to do a short loop trail.


The meadow had a lot of very pretty ferns.



An uprooted tree.


It was still very foggy.

This squirrel ran across the path with a giant pine cone in its mouth. Well, an average sized pine cone, but it was a tiny squirrel. I could have held him in one hand.


This one is super blurry but I think it's funny.


This was the last of the pictures from the meadow. It only took about thirty minutes to walk, and we probably could have gone faster but the signs were very confusing. (Where were we going? We had pretty much no idea.)


We drove back and went under the car tunnel. A nice lady offered to take our picture.
After this we started to drive to the cabin we were staying at the next night.


We couldn't find the parking area for the General Sherman tree trail, so we parked on a pull off spot and walked up the road.


There were a bunch of people parked in this parking lot that didn't seem to go anywhere, but then we noticed the deer. They started to run off when I got out of the car, and sadly this was the only good picture I got of them.



We stopped again about fifteen minutes later and took this.
That night we stayed in something called a "tent cabin" which was named such because it was a cabin with all the luxury of a tent. It had no heat, light, or electricity! Apparently it froze that night, and it was pretty hecking cold. My dad was not expecting that when he booked it.
At this point we were actually in Kings Canyon national park. There were a lot fewer sequoias here, I think because most of the trees were logged. 


The next day we set out on a hike to a fire tower.


The view was absolutely amazing. It was clear for the first while too, which was awesome for pictures.



Check out the lake! It came out a lot better than I'd expected.



Shortly after this the trail split, and because their map and signs were very vague, we almost got lost. But we didn't! We walked one way, realized it was going back the way we came, and turned around and went the other way. That was the right way.


Pretty sure Dad took this one, but I think it looks cool.


Unfortunately, this was our view once we got to the fire tower. The guy on watch there was getting ready to leave because even if there was a fire, the clouds were so thick he wouldn't be able to see it. He was a pretty cool person. He even knew where my hometown is, which was very surprising because I have a feeling most Californians haven't even heard of it. He offered us a ride back to the trailhead.


The fire tower was super pretty though.


This was our last day in the park, which was sad.  I took this on the drive out.


The bed and breakfast we stayed at had so many hummingbirds! It was more than I'd ever seen before, but the owner said it was hardly any? I was shocked. 
The property around the bed and breakfast was sooo pretty. I wish I'd decided to go explore the night we got there, but I was pretty tired. So instead I just laid down and watched youtube for like 3 hours.

This is the last picture I have from the trip. I had so much fun, and I hope you enjoyed reading about it!
Also, quick announcement that Tales From The Bookshop is returning in December! I know it's been a few months since I posted the last part, and right now I'm working on NaNoWriMo so all my creative efforts are going into a new novel. (Let me know if you want snippets.) There will be a new episode and hopefully a Christmas episode as well.

Comments

  1. Ooh this is so amazing! That place looks so magical, like something out of a fairytale 😍 I really enjoyed looking through these photos! (Also I'd love to read snippets from your new novel 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all of those photos are gorgeous!! That looks amazing!!

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like