I Cut My Hair!


As you may have already guessed, I changed my hair recently. In fact, I shaved half of it off.
There's no big or deep reason why I decided to do this. I just thought it looked cool.
Other than some really terrible bangs that I had for like 12 years, my hair has been the same for most of my life. Now half of it is short. The weirdest part, though, is that I didn't actually feel that it was gone. For the first few days I forgot I even cut it until I caught sight of my reflection.
(I'm not posting a selfie because I'd rather not... If you want to see follow my Instagram @ilovecoloredpens and if I don't accept just dm me because I probably didn't recognize you.)


This is the self portrait that I spent 10 or 11 hours drawing so that I could update my profile picture. This is the most realistic thing I've ever drawn and I'm so happy with it!!

Okay, moving on from the haircut to a general life update. Last week felt like some kind of bizarre dream. On Monday morning I felt upset and tired and thought it was going to be one of those weeks. My mood made a complete turnaround when my English teacher told me that A Letter To No One won the Young Author's contest for my school!
At dance that night, our teacher just... didn't show up? I think we were supposed to have a substitute, and I guess she forgot, so we did class by ourselves. A big shoutout to the girl who was responsible enough to make up combinations for us to do.

Tuesday was reasonably chill, I think. I don't remember anything from Tuesday.

On Wednesday, we had a lockdown while they searched the school for drugs. We were working on an art project in my first period history class, which I am very grateful for because I wouldn't have been able to focus on anything else. Our teacher, who hates us in the friendliest way possible, really wanted it to be over. I don't blame him in the slightest. Some of the conversations I hear in that class are just... good gracious. And this poor girl had to run an errand right before they called the lockdown, and she ended up staying in another teacher's classroom for 2 hours with none of her things.

On Thursday we got to light food on fire in chemistry! My group was pretty terrible at it. One girl tried to light a match and it broke, but it still caught fire. It almost landed on our stack of papers.
At lunch that day I watched a goose build a nest in our school courtyard. Her mate stood at the window and hissed at all the people in the lunchroom. I'm not sure why they chose the courtyard out of all the places they could nest, but I guess if they're happy they can stay.
That night at dance, there was a tornado warning. If you've been following me for a few years you might know that I'm terrified of tornadoes. The tornado wasn't very close to us, but we all stayed in one of the downstairs studios until the storm lightened enough for Mrs. M to let us leave. The whole ordeal was so stressful.

Friday was normal. I'm thankful for that.

Was your week as crazy as mine? I hope it wasn't. Tell me something cool that happened to you in the comments if you feel like it!

Comments

Post a Comment

You might also like