September Rambling

What's up, guys? It's Lanie, and I am tired as heck. 

Can you tell I'm running out of things to blog about again? It was bound to happen sometime, but please know I am trying my best. I think my last post was a little weird for this blog. I'll try to lighten things up again with this one. 

Firstly, please turn your attention to my new header. I made it myself and definitely stretched my graphic design skills in the process. It took me a full afternoon and lots of attempts and adjustments, all of which are collected in a folder on my desktop called "I hate graphic design." 

What have I been spending my time on, besides unnecessarily difficult attempts at graphic design? School. Lots of it. School is draining. It's really hard to create when you're constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. You guys have stayed in the back of my mind, though. 

I made you a meme, and I hope you don't have high expectations for this post.

Secondly, Folklore by Taylor Swift. This album has been out for almost two months now, and it hasn't lost its charm. I never considered myself a Taylor Swift fan before, although I liked some of her music. Folklore has changed that.
I listened to it initially because people said Betty had gay energy, which it does. Betty is gay and you cannot convince me otherwise. Then I got hooked on the emotions of the whole album. It's so beautiful! The music is peaceful, but the emotions are so deep and intense. Intense emotion in music is one of my favorite things. If you haven't listened to this album yet, please do. I can't promise you'll love it, but I certainly do.

Despite the mental toll school is taking on me, I'm glad for the reason to put effort into my appearance again. Sundresses and jackets are a good combo. Also, the cool thing about college is that they won't send you home for wearing shorts and tank tops. I have taken advantage of this because I don't like pants very much. Skirts and shorts are better than everything else. I might write a post about fashion (if I even have any, haha.) Let me know if you want to see that!

I've been appreciating the outdoors at my community college campus. There's a picnic shelter that looks out over the lake. I sit out there and read sometimes. There's a trail that goes around the lake, too. I walked the whole trail on a whim last week, and I stopped halfway around to sit in the grass and look at my literature homework. 

I took these on my phone, but I hope to bring my camera one day.


 There are a lot of geese. I've seen at least twice as many as are in this picture. I like watching them.

That's all I've got for today. I hope I'll post again soon, but as always, I make no promises. This school year is going to be a hard one.

I hope you guys are doing well. Be safe and all that fun stuff.

Comments

  1. Cool blog, maybe I should stick around and see what else will be posted here! 🙂🍿🍟🍕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed your new header right away and it looks great! Things are overwhelming right now for a lot of people so I wouldn't put so much pressure on yourself + doing things like walking and listening to music (folklore is 10/10 stars) can really help. I wish you the best! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've noticed myself leaning on music a lot recently, especially during my drives.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like