It's Pride Month and I Feel Gay


The gayer alternate version of my profile picture. That's the bisexual pride flag behind me.
It's Pride Month!
For those of you who don't know, Pride Month is a month (June) celebrating LGBTQ+ individuals and commemorating the Stonewall Riots . I'm not going to get into those things because they are very easily Google-able. Instead, this post is going to be a bunch of LGBT+-related stuff because I want to!

I'm in Washington, DC as I'm writing this, and I've seen a few houses with Pride flags hanging in the windows. It makes me so happy! Real, physical support and representation makes my heart do a little happy dance because I'm really not alone. I only know three LGBT+ people in real life, one of which I barely know. Only one of them knows I'm bi. It's nice to know that there really are other gay people out there, and that they aren't all just robots created by the internet.

The first thing I have to show you is this drawing.


This is a lyric from Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko. You need to go watch the music video, because it's my favorite video of all time and it makes me super emotional.
This line in particular is significant because it says that just because you aren't in a "typical" relationship doesn't mean you can't be happy. I don't have to marry a man to be happy. As the song says, "We will be everything that we'd ever need." I can marry a woman and adopt children and have the family I dream of.
I don't listen to a lot of pop music, but I love Hayley Kiyoko because she writes songs about girls that are so normal. Most of her music isn't like Girls Like Girls. It's something that could be on the radio, just a normal love song. I think it's important because it makes girls who love girls less like outsiders. I have Hayley Kiyoko, other girls have Taylor Swift, and they both write about love and who they love.

Speaking of families...


These are my Sims, Colette and Lucia Winter. They're lesbians and I love them very much.


Here they are with their four adopted children: Kellie, Ella, Marley, and Ryland.

Y'all... I love girls. They're just so beautiful. Their eyes, hair, hands, noses, freckles, everything. I'm bi, but... girls.
But the chance that any given girl is both gay and likes me back is very small. I've liked girls that were gay/bi before, but one I didn't know was gay until a year after, one lives three hours away by airplane, and one I maybe never found out if she was single and was too shy to ask? I'm also not out to very many people. A lot of people I know might not react well, and I think I've told all the people that matter anyway.

(I said y'all because it's gender neutral. It still feels really weird.)

This post was a mess of things smashed together. It represents me on an emotional level.
Would you like some less messy posts about LGBT+ things, like a list of my favorite books with queer main characters? Leave a comment and let me know!
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! 

Comments

  1. Happy Pride Month!
    Although I'm not bi or gay, I tolerate people who have got different orientation. Everybody's free and can do what they want, no pressure, right? :) I have a friend who is a gay and I really like him, he's nice and I have no reason to say a bad word about him because his "different" orientation.
    Nice post :)
    http://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you look a little deeper, we're all just people who fall in love (or don't) with other people.
      Thank you for reading it!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh happy Pride month!! As a non-straight person I love seeing Pride flags hanging on people's windows too, every time I see one I'm like yay! Me happy.
    Congratulations to your sims on their wedding lol 😂 I'd love to read more LGBTQ+ posts from you! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a few more right now, actually, so those will hopefully be out in a month or so. :D

      Delete
  3. Have a great Pride month! <3

    I love your drawing, that song is the only one I've heard Hayley Kiyoko sing, actually. XD

    "Y'all" Is such an amazing word, I love it.

    Your sims, lol, I wish them a happy life. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? She released an album a few months ago. You should go listen to it!
      Yeah, I don't know why I don't say it? Everyone else in my family does, I'm just weird.
      Haha, thanks. :D

      Delete
  4. i <3 your profile picture, great drawing!! congrats on the sims wedding lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hayley so much! When I first saw the video to that song a year or so ago I was like whatttttttttttt is happpppennniiinnnggggggg!? Would love more lgbt+ posts!!

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good video.
      I'm hoping to do some more later this year! I've been brainstorming some ideas.

      Delete
  6. Ugh Hayley Kiyoko is the best! She released a new song called 'what i need' which I thought was pretty cool, but honestly girls like girls is definitely my favourite.

    Maia xx
    https://idleteenagerebellion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I Need is awesome too! She has so many good songs about girls.

      Delete
  7. due to possible hostility towards me, I ain't gonna say much. I believe that lgbtq folks if they decide they don't want to live that life they don't have to. I won't say any more. please don't respond to this. I don't hate nobody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you said not to reply, but I am concerned by this comment. Are you trying to say that even if someone is LGBTQ+, they don't have to act that way? I suppose that is true, but I am trying to make this blog a place of love and acceptance of different lifestyles. It would be quite hypocritical of me to condemn them.

      Delete
    2. I'm more than fine if you delete it. I had no intentions on upsetting nobody. It is not my job to condemn nobody and that was not made to upset anyone. Even if I disagree with people, I don't believe in attacking them. I was nervous to say anything. I am different myself. I really care about those who are different because of who I am. I'd rather die protecting a friend who is different vs seeing them being attacked.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like