Take a Breath

 It's time to let it go, leave it behind
- Not The Same // Malinda

I woke up at one-thirty a.m. on my eighteenth birthday and told myself that I didn't want the first decision I made as an adult to be a bad one. I bought a bag of Jolly Ranchers, and I think things are going alright. 

I don't want to reflect on adulthood because honestly it scares me. It hasn't changed anything about my life so far, anyway. It's been a bit more than week, and all I've done is struggle through my homework and talk to friends. Though, I did vote. My birthday was the second, so I was barely eligible, but with this election being like it was, I'm glad I could have a say in it.  

I tried taking some outfit pictures in my kitchen, and I kind of liked this one.

Celebrating wasn't much because I'm not one for big gatherings. I played Cards Against Humanity with some of my friends while I struggled to stay awake, knowing full well I would be exhausted for my 8 a.m. history class the next day. My family went out to dinner and my siblings baked cupcakes. It was very chill, but I enjoyed it. 

I got milkshakes with a friend on Saturday. They gave me a succulent that I am afraid I will kill somehow, even though they assured me that it wasn't a fragile plant. We got some rubber ducks from a claw machine because ducks are fun. We looked at the cats in shop windows and took pictures of the sky from a parking deck that has one of my favorite views.

I wanted this post to be a thank you to the people who have influenced me over my life, but I realized very quickly that I would either be writing my autobiography or listing out dozens of names. My autobiography might be interesting, but I do not have that kind of time right now. (My NaNoWriMo project is crying because I have written less than five thousand terrible words and it's been twelve days. In the words of a friend of mine, happy National Nothing Written Month.)

So in that case: Thank you guys. If you've ever said a kind word to me, I probably remember it. Thanks for supporting my interests, or being there for me, or reading my words so I'm not talking to an empty world. I'm glad our lives have intersected somehow.

Those are my feelings for today. I'll be back soon if I can catch a moment to breathe.

Comments

  1. Belatedly, happy eighteenth birthday!!!
    It sounds like iit was delightful.
    I hope all of your birthday wishes come true!
    The outfit you styled for your outfit photo looks pretty.
    I love the look of the red floral print skirt styled with the green top,
    and the way it looks in the the natural sunlight.
    The scenic sky photo looks beautiful as well.
    Five thousand well written words would have been a lot to write in one month.
    Kudos for having a NaNoWriMo project in the first place!
    I love your writing and your photography.
    Have a wonderful year!!!!!!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday! I've simultaneously looking forward to and dreading turning eighteen. At least I have a few years to figure it out.
    It's so exciting that you were able to vote! It's a very important year for sure. And I love your birthday outfit! It's so pretty.
    Chill birthday celebrations are the best. That's how all of mine have been.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like