It would feel like this


Happy pride month everyone. This is a poem about the girl I love.

I don’t know how to kiss a girl
but she talks like it’s magic
like we exist to hold each other
from my distance I wonder how it feels
and I worry
I don’t know how to kiss a girl
but I want it to be magic
I learn that her hugs are tight
the crook of her neck where I bury my face is soft
her hand on my cheek is warm
when she brings her face to mine
her lips are warm too
they make my heart soar
and despite all the things we say,
and how much we want to hold each other
it's a puzzle we haven’t quite solved
we’re awkward and happier than ever
and I find out what I’ve wondered for months
how do you kiss a girl?
like this.

I hope you guys have had a good month. Mine's had its ups and downs, but this was one of the ups.  I have a feeling the girl this is about is going to see this so, hi babe. Happy 7 months <3.

I've been listening to Girl In Red's album, If I Could Make It Go Quiet. It's very good, although kinda sad and not the happiest gay thing ever, haha. The title of this post is taken from the last track.

The photo of the sky is from last night when I was driving back from the beach with my mom and my little brother. The sunset was gorgeous, and I got to watch the whole thing. I've been busy with a lot of things, (college things, trips, all that summer stuff) but I'm trying to get back into writing with July Camp NaNo. I'll be back with more posts soon.

Comments

  1. The feelings and love expressed in your poem are very beautiful!
    All my best wishes for you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a happy Pride Month. I love your poem (I relate to it, so much), it's so beautiful and I love how you describe being kissed as like magic.💙
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like