Fairyland Photography


My family went on a hike to a waterfall a few months ago. This was the first time we took our new camera on a trip, and it certainly got a workout.
So no one gets mad at me, I'm going to admit that it's not really fairyland. It is pretty close though, if you ask me. Just look at these pictures.
(Click the pictures to make them bigger.)


Note: some of these pictures may have been taken by my sister, Allie. We were passing the camera around quite a bit, so I don't always who took what. I've credited what I remember.


We hiked up a mountain about an hour from our house. The destination was a waterfall, so there was a creek along the trail most of the way up.


Water is one of my favorite things to photograph.


This one is completely unfocused, but Allie said it looked cool.


Here's the focused version.


Here's Allie climbing up the bank of the creek.

Maybe PC to Allie?
These colors remind me of mango.

PC to Allie






It's so glassy! I probably took 50+ pictures of the water.


The fun story behind this picture is that I held the camera above my head and hoped for the best. It doesn't look like that far down, but it was actually about 10 feet from the top of the rocks to the bottom. The picture turned out surprisingly well.


Maybe PC to Allie
It's Mr. Turtle! Isn't he adorable? 
"You could note that he's wearing his favorite rainbow shirt." - Allie



I love the little water drops in this one.

PC to Allie

I know for sure that Allie took this one. I love the stark contrast of the sky and the underside of the waterfall.


These little flowers were everywhere.


It's a long way down the mountain.


But that means you can see the sky really well.


Look at the mountains!


This is the pool underneath the waterfall. 



These next few are the reason I called it fairyland.


Look at this. Doesn't it look so magical? I can just imagine a little pixie standing in the middle of this.


These two pictures are almost the same, but I can't decide which focus I like better.


Little plants are always so mystical.



I really love the composition of this one.


Sparkles!!



It's a vine.

The underside of this cliff was covered in hand prints and dates. I tried to leave one, but I didn't get my hand muddy enough because I was holding the camera.




I love the bright green grass in this little creek. The colors are more proof that this is actually fairyland.


The creek that fed the waterfall dripped off this ledge a little bit, and it made all the rocks shimmery.


PC to Allie
A candid shot of me appreciating the waterfall. Thanks, Allie!

PC to Allie



Maybe PC to Allie

I love the way the water shimmers on the ground.


Little ferns! Aren't they adorable?


This broken bridge was so pretty. This might be my favorite picture from this whole set.
This was where we stopped for lunch. Then we hiked back down. We didn't take many more pictures because the camera ran out of storage.

I'm pretty happy with all of these. Which one was your favorite?

Comments

  1. Oh wow that place is so beautiful!! It looks so magical. Water is always so pretty, especially in photos 😊 You and your sister have great photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide cause they are all so pretty. - Evan White.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool and pretty! I hope y'all had fun!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! you are such great photographers. It looks like you had a lot of fun there. I totally agree with you- it is definitely fairyland. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow, I love your photographs!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like