Caught Outside: Sneak Peek

When I asked in the last post, Anika said that she would like to see a sneak peek of Caught Outside. This is from chapter five or six. Note that one or two names from this might be changed before I post the real chapter.
Here we go.


I knocked on the door of Lilly and Alison's room.
“Come in!” Alison yelled. I heard a closet door shut. I opened the door. Lilly was stuffing something in a bag.
“”Hello,” Alison called from the top bunk. “We were packing.” Lilly glared at her.
“To go where?” I asked. Alison opened her mouth, but Lilly interrupted.
“On a picnic for Celia's birthday.”
“We figured you wouldn't want to come.” Alison added.
“Oh, no. I don't want to come.” I was a little dissapointed about being left out of such an important event, but alison was right. I didn't want to come.
Mason poked his head in the door. “Lilly, I have the weapons. Now what?” Lilly visibly cringed.
“If you could get the sandwiches and orange juice, that would be great.” The sarcasm in her voice was bluntly obvious. Whatever their little charade was, it had slipped right off. What I didn't understand was why they would lie to me. Didn't they trust me? What were they doing?
You're lying,” I told Lilly and Alison flatly. “What would you need weapons on a picnic for, silverware? Tell me the truth.” Alison sighed. I could tell she didn't want to give up her secret.
“It's a memorial for fallen rebels,” she finally admitted. “You wouldn't understand.”
“But if I could-” I began.
“No Meredith,” Lilly said firmly. “You are staying here.”
“I could help you!”
“No,” Lilly insisted.
“But-”
“Go to your room, Meredith. Now.” Lilly's glare scared me a little. Dejectedly, I retreated down the hall into my room. I could hear people moving around downstairs, probably packing. After a few more minutes, I heard them leave. I waited.

How was it?  Comments? Who are these people? You will find out soon. 
Look at me, putting blogging before homework. Ugh. I probably need to go do that now, even though I don't want to. 

Comments

  1. Ha ha, yes. You probably should do your homework. ;) That was great! I can't wait to read the whole thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited for when I finish editing the next chapter. Pieces of it are lacking in punctuation...

      Delete
  2. Hi, Evy! I have tagged you for The Character Creation Tag on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like