December highlights and New Year's Resolutions

December is over. That makes me very sad for some reason. But since it is over, I might as well do a highlights post, right?

Firstly, I have a new favorite roller coaster. (that name sounds really silly when you write it down) The prospect of loops and drops scares me, but I love it when I'm actually riding. I guess I'm more of a thrill seeker than I thought I was.

Christmas, of course, was a highlight. It always is. Two gifts stood out to me in particular, even though I wouldn't call them my favorites. I got a Selfie Stick from one grandmother. I didn't think I wanted one, but it's really cool now that I have it. My cousins gave me kitty socks and they're SO ADORABLE AND AMAZING!!
Just look at these.
They have kitties in the front.

And tails and stripes in the back.
(sorry they aren't that great. It's hard to take pictures of your own feet.)

Christmas was also really warm. I wore shorts and short sleeves, and I don't live in Florida in case you were wondering. It's averaging about sixty degrees now, with lots of rain.

I'm also making two resolutions. I've never made one before in my life, so I decided to change that. Perhaps they aren't resolutions as much as they are 2017 goals.

Goal one: To read 75 books

It sounds like a lot, but I think I can do it. I just have to read about a book and a half every week. I've been wanting to read more recently, and I thought that this would be a good way to accomplish it.
I am already one book in. I finished Paper Towns by John Green this morning. It was amazing and really exciting and nearly impossible to put down.

Goal two: Complete draft one of Caught Outside

I want to finish a novel. I'm going to finish a novel. All I have to do is complete draft one of Caught Outside in time for Camp NaNoWriMo, then complete draft two during April and July. It's very simple really.
I will get it done. Feel free to bug me about it. I think I'm going to need some motivation...

I've added a page to the top bar to track my goals, if you want to see more. Like I said earlier, feel free to bug me about any of these. I welcome the motivation.

Until later,

Comments

You might also like