The Writer's Tag!

I'm definitely not eating refried beans just for the heck of it. Nope, not me.
Anyway. The subject of this post is not my strange food choices. (Although they do taste really good...?)
I was tagged by the amazing ShuffleCat to do the Writer's Tag!

What genres, styles, and topics do you write about?


Well. Shadowed is fantasy, Caught Outside is futuristic/dystopian-ish, HotPinkHair is YA contemporary, and Nameless is... I don't actually know.
I also like to write romance. Not that you would know, because I haven't shown you any of that. Shipping my own characters is a thing I do quite frequently.
I'm actually going to post a short piece about Dria with some romance in it, so stay tuned for that!

How long have you been writing?


Forever. In kindergarten, the only year of public school I attended, we had a writer's workshop time and I would write actual stories. They weren't very original, ("The Prince and the Princess went snorkeling" was an actual thing I wrote) but it was still writing.
I guess since I could write, about age four.

Why do you write?


My brain is filled with stories. I write because I have to get the stories out. Because I love to see the little pictures I have in my head unfold on the paper. Because I love to see character names scribbled in colorful ink in my notebook. Because I don't want the things I've created to fade and be forgotten.
I write because I love it.

When is the best time to write?


When it's half past midnight and the house is quiet. When I'm so angry I feel like I could murder someone. When "what if?" pops into my head. When a song makes me feel so much I have to put it somewhere.
Anytime is good for writing.

What parts of writing do you love and hate?


This is weird, but I hate actually plotting. I don't like being tied down, but I have to be, or else the story never gets finished.
I love everything about creating a world. I love creating ships and characters and families. I really love writing. I don't even mind editing.

How do you overcome writer's block?


Move on. I pick up an old story, or I write a short something featuring the characters. I add a plot twist. I skip that part.
And sometimes I just take a step back and do something else, until I'm ready to write again.

Are you working on something at the moment?


......?? Is this even a question??? OF COURSE I'M WORKING ON SOMETHING I'M WORKING ON EVERYTHING.
More specifically, I'm trying to fix Caught Outside because it kinda fell apart, I'm plotting the Hazernian Chronicles (the storyline Shadowed and The Final Princess are in), and I'm writing two short ship-y pieces. And Nameless. I can't forget that.

What are your writing goals this year?


Finish something. Nameless. Shadowed. Caught Outside. I honestly don't care. I just want to type "the end" and hand it to someone else to read. I know it can be done, but it seems so far away.

Now I think I have to tag people. Uh.
Everyone I know has already done this. If you want to do this, go ahead. I can't stop you anyway. If you do the tag, tell me.

That's it! Do you like refried beans? What inspires you to write?

Comments

  1. The stuff you're working on sounds awesome! I wish you the best of luck and no writers block as you finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HotPinkHair's title is intriguing... :p

    Also, what's your CampNaNo username?

    ReplyDelete
  3. XDXDXD the answer for the next to last question is AWESOME. XDXD.
    I think I will do this tag on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A writer is almost always working on something XD. It's a great tag, and it's so fun to do.

      Delete
    2. IKR? Also you know me from Camp NaNo :P

      Delete
    3. I thought your name seemed familiar. :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like