Old Art Made New

Currently crying to Conventional Weapons by MCR. I can't believe they scrapped this album the first time. It's all so inspirational and I love it.

I've been drawing and spicing up some old sketches over fall break! I'm almost out of room in my sketchbook, so I picked up another one that I hadn't drawn much in and forgotten about. There were some decent sketches in it. My art has progressed a lot since I drew most of what is in there, so I decided to add some color and fix where it was needed.


This was a very boring sketch of a basket. I added the flowers and stuff at the bottom.
I found a gold paint pen while looking for Sharpies to color this with. I outlined the basket and the bow with it.


I can't remember what this used to look like. I think I kept the eyes and head shape, maybe the hair? All I know is that I spent all afternoon coloring it.
I think of it like one of those melted crayon canvases that you make with a hairdryer. Colors melting, blurring together, wiping out the black-and-white. A person changing, becoming something beautiful.


This was a new drawing. I'm weirdly proud of it.


This drawing had way too much hair. I erased about half of it, to give you some perspective. I just colored it in after that. I love the dramatic eyelashes.

These little marshmallow cats were just outlines. Frosting has a bit of an Elsa look to her, I think.

The Eye. This is smudge-y and messy but I like it. The eye is way out of proportion for the rest of the face. The eyelashes were too big to even be considered eyelashes. It was like they had bangs on their eyelid.
I added in some red lips, a corner of an eyebrow, some little hearts on their cheek, and a lot of hair.

I didn't change this one at all. This unicorn is perfect the way he is.


This is a doodle of one of my OCs. His name is Cinder Chaos, or Cindy for short. He's Glitter's boyfriend and Raina's adoptive dad.
This isn't done in my usual style, but I think it's really cute and I like how it turned out.


A digital art!! This is Pixie Dust, another OC. It says his name in yellow, but I can barely read it. Why did I put it in yellow? His eyes are really satisfying.


Lastly, the cute girlfriend content. Dria is on the left, Laura on the right. Laura came out so good? I'm really happy with it.
I meant to draw this for Watermelon Day, but it clearly didn't happen. But I got it done, and they're pretty cute, don't you think?

Which of these is your favorite? Do you like my "Grass" drawing?

Comments

  1. The girl with the red hair sorta reminds me of Ginny Weasley. I have to say I love the unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She does, a little bit. I love him too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like