The Moon, a Playlist, and Being Up At Night


Good morning guys. You might have noticed that I like talking about nature recently, and this post is more of the same.
Tonight, or maybe this morning, depending on how you look at it, I'm listening to a calm playlist I made for myself. I thought it and these photos should be shared together.


I took these pictures at sunset a few weeks ago. The moon had risen above the treeline, and it was nearly full. The colors and light outside caught my eye, so I couldn't resist getting out my camera for a few minutes. I spent a bit longer than I meant to, but I think the pictures were worth it.


I spend the time when late night and early morning run together thinking about things or listening to music. I've had a lot of things on my mind recently.


Playlist:
1. Table Song - Katie Kuffel
This song was in Welcome to Night Vale. It has the right feeling to start off the playlist.


2. Let Yourself Down - Hollie Col
This has a very country vibe compared to what I usually listen to, but I enjoy it.


3. 4am - girl in red.
(explicit.) This is a song about being awake with your thoughts.


4. Radio Silence - Shearwater
This song calms my soul somehow. There are times when I can't listen to anything else, but I don't mind.


5. Is There Somewhere - Halsey
Room 93 is my favorite Halsey music. It's so wonderful.


6. Take Up Your Spade - Sara Watkins
This is another song from Welcome to Night Vale. I love the lyrics. It's about moving forward into a new day, which makes it a good ending song.


If it wasn't so cold and it wasn't so late, I'd go out and look for the moon right now. I could ignore both of those things, but my parents would wake up if they heard the back door open, so I'll refrain. I might sleep now.
Here's the playlist on Spotify. 
 

Comments

You might also like