The 30 Song Challenge

Inspired by Mason (Read their post HERE)
I'm not gonna make this longer than it has to be, because it's going to be long. Explicit songs are bolded.

Your favorite song
At the moment I'm really enjoying Bye Bye Beautiful by Nightwish and Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day (which is nine minutes long, what the heck?)
Both songs I wholeheartedly recommend.

Your least favorite song
I am not a fan of Let Her Go by Passenger. It's not a very good song? In my opinion, although Allie loves it.

A song that makes you happy
Walking The Wire by Imagine Dragons. I love it so much. (I still plan to review Evolve)

A song that makes you sad
Brother by Gerard Way. This isn't sadness exactly, but I feel a deep emotion that closely resembles sadness? But like happy sadness, if that makes any sense. It probably doesn't.

A song that reminds you of someone
Mama by My Chemical Romance reminds me of Scarlet.
Ride by Twenty One Pilots reminds me of Allie because she hates it. XD
Bad Blood by Taylor Swift reminds me of my friend Nema.

A song that reminds you of somewhere
Uh...  Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons reminds me of my grandmother's bathroom? That's the best answer I can give.

A song that reminds you of a certain event
KILL ALL YOUR FRIENDS by My Chemical Romance.
the bold makes it sound so bad
They aren't actually encouraging murder, don't worry. Please do not kill your friends.
And oh yeah it reminds me of my great-aunt's birthday party because I listened to it for the first time on the way there.

A song that you know all the words to
Laura Palmer by Bastille. And like eight dozen other songs but I'm not listing them all here.


A song that you can dance to
Firstly: You can dance to anything.
you'll dance to anything, you'll dance to anythinggg  
Hurricane by Panic! at the Disco, simply because of the above lyrics.


A song that makes you fall asleep
I have no songs specifically, but I once fell asleep with headphones in and woke up to This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race by Fall Out Boy


A song from your favorite band
I have two.
America by Imagine Dragons
Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance


A song from your least favorite band
How does one determine their... Least favorite band? Anything I can think of I like. 


A song that no one would expect you to love
Scarlet was surprised to find that I loved MCR, so most of these, really.
But, Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift is a great song. Completely honest.


A song that describes you
I actually have no idea. Most stuff I listen to just... doesn't work for that. If you have any ideas, let me know!


A song that you used to love but now you hate
Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time by Panic! at the Disco. It was my favorite song for like, three days.
But now, can I please delete it from the universe? Why does it exist.


A song you often hear on the radio
Switching genres here entirely but Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood. I hear it all. the. time.


A song you wish you heard on the radio
Tiffany Blews by Fall Out Boy. Or anything from Follie A Deux, really.


A song from your favorite album
[Coffee's For Closers] by Fall Out Boy, from Follie A Deux. I love that album so much.

A song you listen to when you're angry
Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides. BVB has good angry songs, mostly because they are kinda scream-y.



A song you listen to when you're happy
Poet by Bastille is really pretty, but also anything because music is good.



A song you listen to when you're sad
Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance, if I want to feel better. Because "I am not afraid to keep on living" is so powerful? It has saved me from a good many crying breakdowns.
Otherwise it's Disenchanted, also by MCR.


A song you want to play at your wedding
I don't know. I'd want to have something pretty but also something that reflects the person that I'm marrying. 


A song you want to play at your funeral
Jokingly, The End/Dead by My Chemical Romance. (Have you heard the news that you're dead?) Actually? I have no idea. Will I even die? Maybe not.


A song that makes you laugh
The first time I listened to Teenagers by MCR, I cracked up. I'm not sure what was so funny about it?

Then there's Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy, with the line "We will teach you how to make boys next door out of a****les." I think it's supposed to be like "summer romance with the boy next door," but all I can think when I hear it is "Fall Out Boy's guide to getting an a****le to move in next door!"
Not something I'd like to try, thanks.


A song that you can play on an instrument
Old Macdonald Had A Farm, on the piano. That is the extent of my musical talent.


A song you wish you could play
I have no interest in playing an instrument, but I'd like to be able to sing Early Sunsets Over Monroeville by MCR. I'm working on it, but I'm not there yet.


A song in a foreign language that you like
I don't know.

A song from your childhood
409 by the Beach Boys. I loved it when I was little.

Your favorite song this time last year
The Silence by Bastille. For a song called "The Silence" it's pretty loud. It is still among my favorites, but the cloud has grown bigger.


That's all! Go listen to all of these and your life will be improved, 100% guaranteed! Maybe. Do you like any of the songs/artists on this list?
Until later,

Comments

  1. YOU MENTIONED NIGHTWISH.

    ...YOU MENTIONED NIGHTWISH. *screams*

    They are my favorite band. XD

    If you like Nightwish...I would recommend Epica, Within Temptation, Delain, Leaves' Eyes, HB, Amberian Dawn, Narnia, Xandria, Sirenia, Sonata Arctica. ...I have probably got more ideas but. There. :P:P :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're really going through my posts! But yes, I love Nighwish. They're a band that I kinda forget about, and then when I run across one of their songs again I go "Wow I forgot how much I liked this."
      I will definitely check some of those bands out. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry.:P I can stop commenting on back posts if it's annoying. XD:)

    Nightwish is my absolute favorite band. Oh, and if you like Floor, their current lead singer, she sings (sang) in After Forever and ReVamp too. I forgot to mention those. XD Tarja has her own solo projects, too. Which are also good. I am actually not sure what else Anette has been in...I should look it up...I will now shut up because I will go into fangirl mode.:P
    Yay!:) I hope you enjoy at least some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I don't mind, I just wasn't expecting so many comments.
      I'm the same way with MCR. They all do solo stuff and Frank has been in like 6 bands.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like