Christmas // Goodbye 2017


According to my schedule, this should go up on New Year's Eve, otherwise known as the last day of 2017. Right now, 2018 is a scary prospect. Lots of things are changing!
It's really just two things.
  1. I'm going to college.
  2. I'm going back to being homeschooled.
I am actually taking college classes. Just English and math. My other classes are still high school level, but they will be online.
So I get to start high school and college in the same school year.
But more about resolutions and things next week.

Christmas was great. I woke up at 5:55 A.M. and couldn't go back to sleep, which is weird for me, but my stomach hurt and Allie was in my room watching videos with no headphones.
Allie has trouble sleeping on Christmas. As far as I can remember, she's always gotten up before 5:30 on Christmas morning.
The night before, Dad, Allie, and I had set up a marble track for Mr. Turtle, and he was thrilled when he found it. It is very cool. I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

(Disclaimer because I feel like this needs it: none of the following is intended to brag. I just want to share my excitement.)

The only things I actually asked for were CDs. I got:
After Laughter by Paramore
American Idiot by Green Day
Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love by My Chemical Romance


I was disappointed that Hesitant Alien didn't come in a real CD case. It's just cardboard. The lyric booklet was a little drab, but it does have a picture of Gerard on the back.



Right after taking this picture I hung it on my wall.
This album has some of my favorite songs on it. (somewhat) Relateable? Amazing music? yes!


American Idiot, on the other hand.



LOOK AT THIS OH MY GOODNESS. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
It's supposed to look like a kid's journal. Some of the songs even have dates at the top.
The font changes with the mood of the lyrics. Everything is so awesome.
I love lyric booklets.
Another thing I love: every time Whatsername, a character in the album, is mentioned, something else is scribbled out and Whatsername is written on top. It's so cool and ahh I love it so much.


Bullets has been out of print for a while. My dad was able to find a used copy! So now I have all of MCR's albums.
I love the music so much!! It sounds kind of rough, almost live, and it makes it so amazing and personal and Gerard's voice is raspy and beautiful and the lyrics are awesome and ahhh I could go on for days. Vampires Will Never Hurt You and Demolition Lovers are probably my favorite songs.
(hand in mine, into your icy blues, and then I'd say to you WE COULD TAKE TO THE HIGHWAYY)
sorry.
This lyric booklet is filled with grainy pictures of young MCR.


 This is my favorite album released this year. It's a little more pop-y than what I normally listen to, but it has a nice beat and I can relate to the lyrics.
I love the pastel, almost playground-looking colors and designs.
Also, the music videos are really cool. You should go watch them.

The other thing that I actually asked for was dried pineapple. So.


Yes, the bag is empty. I was hungry.


Allie got me these. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE THEM!!
They are so pretty! I have worn all of them already. I wish they matched with everything.
I did throw out the card before I realized that I should take pictures, so that is the back of my old Latin book. *shrugs*


Owl stickers 2.0! I got some last year too, but these are puffy and have googley eyes.


Owl stickers 1.0, from last year.


Another thing I didn't ask for but am very happy about: My mom got me this purse, which is about three times as big as my old one. I can actually put things in it besides my wallet!


Sam gave me this adorable turtle. He doesn't have a name yet, but he will soon.
(Did you notice that I used him as a paperweight earlier in the post?)


New fuzzy socks are a blessing.


My art mannequin says hi. I haven't used him as a reference yet, but I do enjoy putting him into ballet poses.

Overall, my Christmas was great! I got food, hung out with my family, and then got bored and played Duck Life for 2 hours.
How was your Christmas? What was your favorite gift you received?
See you in 2018,
Lanie 

Comments

  1. I can totally relate to fuzzy, cute socks being a blessing, because, they are awesome, and yes, i got several pairs of those too. Because, cute+fu- zzy on socks? That equals awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! I'm actually wearing some right now. :)

      Delete
  2. I know right? I just love them so so much!! Gimme all your socks!! NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am replying so late. XD

    First: That little turtle is ADORABLE. I love turtles:)

    Second: CDs are awesome.^_^ I got 3 CDs for Christmas myself;) Wishmaster by Nightwish, Medea by Ex Libris, and Winterheart's Guild by Sonata Arctica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love CDs because they're physical copies of the music. You can hold them and smell them and sleep with them under your pillow.
      Not that I do that. It would break the case.

      Delete
    2. SAME. I love CDs. Also, if the electronic devices crash, you still have your music! I use Spotify a lot, but I love my CDs.:P I like looking at the artwork and liner notes and following along with the lyrics while listening. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like