MANIA

So there's been a lot of music stuff happening this week!
Firstly the anticipation of Fall Out Boy's new album, Mania, which was released on Friday.
IT'S EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE OH MY GOODNESS!

Caution: I'm heading for extreme fangirl mode. Get your safety goggles. 

I think my favorite song is still Wilson (Expensive Mistakes). But some close seconds are Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea (...), Bishop's Knife Trick, Church, Sunshine Riptide, Hold Me Tight Or Don't, Heaven's Gate, The Last of the Real Ones,
Who am I kidding, I'm just listing the rest of the album.

The music from Church is just amazing. It's like... Church music. Kinda. It has choir-ish backing vocals and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
My favorite lyric is "Time capsule for the future, trust me, that's what I will be"

Heaven's Gate is so calming and Patrick's voice is beautiful. Some people have said they want it to be their first dance at their wedding. I haven't thought that far ahead in my life, but it's an amazing song. The lyrics are clearly about love and they're so sweet.
"If there were any more left of me, I'd give it to you"
"I got dreams of my own, but I want to make yours come true"

The beginning of Sunshine Riptide has a reversed lyric that is easily my favorite part of the song. By which I mean they recorded the lyric and then reversed it. Just go listen, you'll know what I mean.

Hold Me Tight or Don't is probably my favorite video. It's day of the dead themed, and everything is so pretty and I love it! I'm just gonna link it because you deserve to see this piece of art.





The Wilson video was hilarious.
It's like an infomercial trying to sell you various fandom jokes and/or the band members. I'm not linking this one because it's less family friendly, but google it if you want.
If you do watch the video: Call the phone number. You won't regret it, I promise.

The Church video is pretty cool too, but some people might be offended by the lyrics? I think I'll leave it out, but please look this one up.
 
Along with the new album, Fall Out Boy also released new tour dates! But they aren't coming back to Georgia. *cries*
The closest they are to me is about four hours away. I knew I was going to regret not going to see them last November. And what did I do? Not go see them. Great job, Evy. I applaud your judgment.

Secondly, MCR has released outtakes from all of their music videos. EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!
This is especially significant because MCR broke up in 2013. Fans are theorizing a reunion, but I think it's just Warner Bros doing things again.

The Black Parade one isn't anything new to watch, but the fandom can make new GIFs for the first time in 5 years.

Na Na Na was basically Gerard singing while driving the Trans Am, which was awesome. Then a scene of Frank trying to take off his zombie mask and having it fall back over his face. But also could this man get any more handsome? He's too gorgeous. I can't handle it.
Then there was a scene at the end of Mikey eating dog food while everyone laughed at him, WITH THE SOUND TURNED ON OMG.
"It's gross." - Mikey Way

Sing really got me. It starts with Party Poison (a good guy, played by Gerard Way, the lead singer of MCR) staring Korse (a bad guy, played by Grant Morrison, who I think writes comics) in the face. There were a few seconds of that, until Korse put his hand on Party's chest and shoved him backward. Then I realized it was that scene. The one where Korse shoves Party against the wall and puts a gun to his chin. And shoots him.
THEY OPENED WITH KORSE KILLING PARTY ARE THEY TRYING TO MAKE US CRY???
The difference here was that, after pretending to be dead for a few seconds, Party picked up his gun and walked away. If only he did that in the music video.

I'm scared to watch The Ghost of You. It's probably going to have Mikey dying for half of it.

Planetary (Go) was amazing. The official video was a concert video, so they filmed the crowd and stuff. There was a take where all you can hear is the crowd singing, and I love that so much. It makes me want to see MCR live. But that is an unrealistic dream, so I watch concert videos instead.

IF MY VELOCITY STARTS TO MAKE YOU SWEAT THEN JUST DON'T LET GO!
AND IF THE HEAVEN AIN'T GOT A VACANCY THEN WE JUST GET UP AND GO!

Someone needs to make a split audio of the crowd singing and the recorded version. Were it not 9:00 PM, I would be blasting this song through the entire house while I write. Alas, Mr. Turtle is asleep.

I'm gonna wrap this up before I start yelling about Danger Days or sobbing about wanting to go to an MCR concert.

If you haven't listened to Hold Me Tight Or Don't, scroll back up and watch it. *stares at you intensely*
Go do it.

Until later,
Lanie 

Comments

  1. I'm not really a big Fall Out Boy fan, but I do like The Last of the Real Ones.:) I haven't really listened to My Chemical Romance but am meaning to check them out at some point. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MCR is my favorite band. Do you want recommendations?

      Delete
    2. My favorite songs from each album are Boy Division, The Kids From Yesterday, Mama, Thank You For the Venom, and Cubicles.
      MCR tends to curse a lot, but there are clean versions of most of their albums.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'll check them out.:) Yeah, I don't like a ton of cussing in my music choices, so clean versions of albums sounds very appealing.;) Get rid of f-bombs and I am happy. *is going to look MCR up on spotify*:)

      Delete
    4. Yay! I hope you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. And, I like 'em! I am just going to listen to all of the songs without the f-bomb in them. XD Thanks for the song recs!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your favorite food
    For q and a

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the q and a, if you could have any animal you wanted, what kind of animal would it be and what would you name it? (Mythical/extinct/ nonexistent animals count)
    (This is kind of a weird question, but I could never come up with an answer myself so I want to see if someone else can)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like