Where Do We Go From Here? // 2018

Title intentionally taken from Rocks by Imagine Dragons


Someday I will be good at banners. That day is not today.
Happy new year!!
I don't know about you, but to me it seems like barely any time has passed since last January. However, the change in year indicates that a lot of time has passed. An entire year, in fact.

I only had two goals for 2017. Did I complete them?
*drumroll*

No.

I read 14 out of 75 books.
I wrote almost nothing on Caught Outside.

In other words, I completely failed at my 2017 goals. But this year, I can learn from them.

This year, I want to...

  • Post more writing
  • Learn to drive
  • Make a real-life friend
  • Get into another band or music artist
  • Not buy another American Girl doll
  • Make 50 blog posts
  • Read 24 books

My to-read list for 2018

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Shadowland by Meg Cabot
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa 
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

This isn't anywhere near 24 books long. I hope to add more books as the year goes on.

What did I actually do in 2017? My goals might have been a failure, but the year wasn't.

In 2017, I

  • Discovered MCR (and almost every other band I like) 
  • Started keeping a journal
  • Tried public school (but didn't like it)
  • Made 4 internet friends
  • Celebrated my 2nd blogiversary
  • Read 14 books
  • Wrote Nameless
  • Got Instagram
  • Turned 15
  • Bought a doll (Evan Claire!)
  • Wrote 47 blog posts 
  • Filled 2.5 journals
  • Got my learner's permit

And I realized a lot about myself too. This year helped me realize who I am and who I want to become.

My favorite books I read this year were Paper Towns by John Green and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens' Agenda by by Becky Albertalli.

In a way, these are my favorite songs of the year.


Some other favorites:
Joyriding (frank iero and the patience)
Castle (halsey)
Save Rock and Roll (fall out boy)
Get Busy Living (fall out boy)
Choke (i don't know how but they found me)
Fake Your Death (my chemical romance)
Coffees For Closers (fall out boy)
Famous Last Words (mcr)
Thriller (fall out boy)
Fake Happy (paramore)
Gasoline (halsey)

So that was my 2017 summed up in a post! Do you have any goals for 2018?
Until later,
Lanie 

P.S. Posted a little off-schedule because after a week it becomes a little irrelevant, you know?
P.P.S. I want to do a Q&A soon. Please comment questions!

Comments

  1. I know three books you can add if you like Eragon- the other three books in the series.
    Don't you have any real-life friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very far into Eragon yet, although I did start reading it. If I like it, I'll finish the series!
      Of course I have real life friends, but I tend to shy away from in-person interactions. The point of that goal is to actually talk to someone. :)

      Delete
  2. It's a really good book, though i think it's geared more toward boys than girls. But you should like it because it's about dragons.:)
    Sorry, that makes sense now. I just didn't get it when i was skimming over this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like