The 30 Song Challenge {Round 2}


Hi everyone!
I did this tag approximately a year ago, so I decided it was time to do it again! Let's see how my music taste has expanded.
Here is the original post.
Explicit songs are bolded for those of you who would rather avoid cursing.

Your favorite song
This is a very hard one, because I want to put so many! However, I think I'll have to go with...
Hit and Run // Hayley Kiyoko
For the moment, anyway. It'll probably change next week.

Your least favorite song
Face Down // The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
There's nothing wrong with this song, I just don't like it. I usually skip it when it comes on Pandora.

A song that makes you happy
Oh No! // Marina and the Diamonds
I really like the lyrics to this song. It's been one of my favorites for a while.


A song that makes you sad
Dear Mr. President // P!nk
This song is basically pointing out all the problems that the president seems to be doing nothing about. It makes me cry.

A song that reminds you of someone
Maya the Psychic // Gerard Way
This song reminds me of my internet friend Arden because they were gonna get a tattoo of some lyrics from it.

A song that reminds you of somewhere
I can't think of anything for this one. I'm surprised.

A song that reminds you of a certain event
Sometimes by Step // Rich Mullins
I will never be able to listen to this song without thinking of Footsteps (my January dance recital). Or without crying, to be honest.

A song that you know all the words to
Hurricane // Halsey
This is the theme song of sorts for one of my OCs.

A song that you can dance to
Fast in My Car // Paramore
This is such a happy, dance-y song. 10/10 for danceability.

A song that makes you fall asleep
I can fall asleep to pretty much anything if I'm tired. My Dad says that when I was a baby, he would turn on some of his music (probably folk or bluegrass) and he would rock me and I would fall asleep. 
More recently, I've fallen asleep to...
27 // Fall Out Boy

A song from your favorite band
The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You // My Chemical Romance
If you didn't know, MCR is my favorite band of all time. You must be new here.

A song from your least favorite band
I said this last time, but how do I pick a least favorite band? It just doesn't make much sense.
I guess I listen to Bring Me The Horizon the least of everything in my library, so...
Chasing Rainbows // Bring Me The Horizon

A song that no one would expect you to love
Mine // Taylor Swift
I heard this song on the radio when I was seven. I learned an impressive amount of the words for not knowing what the song was called and only listening to it when it came on the radio. During my four-month Taylor Swift phase in 2016, I rediscovered it and went "OMG! This is that song!"
Fun fact I still kinda like Taylor Swift, if only for the familiarity.

A song that describes you
Sleepover // Hayley Kiyoko
This song is about being in love with someone who will never like you back, and that's pretty much the story of my (love) life.

A song that you used to love but now you hate
Pick Up the Phone // Falling in Reverse
I used to think this song was kinda funny, but now I realize that it's twisted in a kinda disturbing way, and the content is not so great? Yeah.

A song you often hear on the radio
Come to the Table // Sidewalk Prophets
I don't listen to much Christian music, but I love this song.

A song you wish you heard on the radio
The Calendar // Panic! at the Disco
I might hear this if I listened to the right stations, but I don't listen to the radio much anyway. I just like this song.
 
A song from your favorite album
I don't know what my favorite album is right now. However, Revolution Radio by Green Day is among my favorites, so...
Still Breathing // Green Day

A song you listen to when you're angry
Lights Out // Mindless Self Indulgence
MSI has a way of dulling out emotions, and it helps when I'm upset.

A song you listen to when you're happy
Driver 8 // R.E.M
My dad and I both like R.E.M., so that's pretty cool.

A song you listen to when you're sad
I Don't Wanna Be In Love // Good Charlotte
This song never fails to make me feel better.

A song you want to play at your wedding
Walking The Wire // Imagine Dragons
It's a good love song, and it's on my playlist of gay vibes songs. Not that it's necessarily gay, but it could be.
(Disclaimer: I cannot legally get married for another three years, and it will probably be longer before I actually get married. Please don't hold me to this if I change my mind. Don't crash my wedding to play Imagine Dragons songs. Thanks.)

A song you want to play at your funeral
Do I even get to decide? I'll be dead. Or would I put it in my will?
I honestly have no idea. Tell me in the comments if you have any ideas? Or maybe not, that's kind of weird.

A song that makes you laugh
I Feel Like Dancing // All Time Low
This song is funny. That's all there is to it.

A song that you can play on an instrument
I can't play any instruments. I kind of wish I could play the piano, but I'm not dedicated enough to want to learn.

A song you wish you could play
She's The Prettiest Girl at the Party and She Can Prove It With a Solid Right Hook // Frank Iero and the Patience
This is another really sweet love song, and I'd love to be able to perform it.

A song in a foreign language that you like
I don't really listen to songs in other languages. I like to be able to understand the lyrics.
Party Poison // My Chemical Romance has Japanese in it. 

A song from your childhood
409 // The Beach Boys
My dad likes the Beach Boys, and so those are the songs I grew up listening to.

Your favorite song this time last year
Jesus of Suburbia // Green Day.
That's what I had listed last time I did this tag. I know most of the words now.

I didn't answer three of these, and since it's the thirty song challenge, I'll add three bonus songs here:

Dead Rats // Against Me!
Amaranth // Nightwish
Could Have Been Me // The Struts

I hope you enjoyed this post! Go listen to a few of these and let me know what you think in the comments. Alternately, did you see any songs you love in this tag?

Comments

  1. I've probably told you this since we dance at the same place, but I can totally relate to that with Sometimes by Step. I love that song and I always think of our January recital, and yes, I do cry. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you've ever told me until now.
      Right? It's such a sweet song.

      Delete
  2. All of these songs are so good! I adore Marina and the Diamonds. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so.
      Me too! Her music is so good

      Delete
  3. Nightwish... they are Symphonic Metal right? I vaguely remember them. Used to listen to them at one point in my life. Bands like Falling In Reverse, I'd have not guessed. You like some cool bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they are! I've been listening to Nightwish a lot recently.
      Falling In Reverse is a ways down on the list of stuff I listen to, but I do like their music.

      Delete
  4. And the songs I find most depressing: it would ether be The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery . Other songs that I find depressing are Allysa Lies by Jason Michael Caroll, and Concrete Angel by Martina McBride. Search them up. They are very sad but are about real problems .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such good music taste!! All of these are pretty much my favorite, especially fast in my car and anything MCR. Would love to see more in the future! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love any excuse to talk about music. Thanks for the follow, too!

      Delete
  6. Ahh this is awesome and you have some great artists here!! I LOVE Imagine Dragons (Believer tho and Rise Up!!) and also Panic! At The Disco. Because panicking anywhere is relatable. :')

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've listened to any of the songs on here... *runs away and hides* I've been looking for good new songs to listen to lately though, I'll definitely be checking some of these out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like