Words {A Poem}


Today I have a poem that I wrote a few months ago. I probably wrote it after midnight, as is frequently the case with literary genius. (That's not a fact, don't quote me on it, thanks.) Also, please don't take that as me saying this poem is literary genius, because it probably isn't, but it's a poem and that's what counts.

Words

Shiny black lines
Words
Covering the pages
The story of your life
The words you wish you never said
The lines you wish you never wrote
You mark them out
Red ink drips like blood across the black
But as you do it, new words appear
"Look what she has done!"
They scream
The ink drips over your hands
The words keep writing themselves
You rip the pages
And the shiny black lines pour red
The words write themselves onto your eyes
All you see is black
Life keeps writing.


This poem is about only seeing your past mistakes, regretting them, and not letting yourself move on.
Bonus fun fact: The pen photo was the original first line of the poem.
Do you ever write poetry? What do you think of mine?

Comments

  1. yours is ok. I write a LOT of poetry. My poetry tells a story of its own as it is a colection of 4+ years of a struggling person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little hurt by this? I hope this wasn't what you were trying to say, but to me it sounds like you're saying that your poetry is automatically better because you've been struggling for four years. I'm not saying that mine is better, since everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses and one of my weaknesses is poetry.

      Delete
    2. I am really sorry I didn't mean to sound like that. I struggle also but in different ways. I was kinda being random tossing out whatever about poetry was on my mind. I think yours rhymes better than a bunch of mine and more sophisticated. I like how your style is not messy and well written, but if anything, it needs a bit more emotion. Your poetry is nice, just wish it had a bit more emotion. But it isn't bad.

      Delete
    3. In poetry you want to be able to feel and write well. Your writing abilities are AWESOME!!! Work a bit more on poetry and it won't take all that long. I believe in you! :)

      Delete
    4. Oh okay! I'm sorry for misunderstanding. Thank you. I like your poetry too.

      Delete
  2. Omg this is so so good!! I love the imagery and the way it's sort of a metaphor for life, and it has a really good rhythm 😊 I honestly loved it!

    Andrea @ https://spaceshipsvampiresandsecretagents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like