Social Distance Journal {volume two}


Hello again! I'm back with another week's worth of journal entries and pictures. Here's part one, if you missed it.
My school has officially moved online for the rest of the year, so I'm going to have to either get a desk or get used to sitting on the floor. I'm thinking the latter.
I didn't write any entries that weekend, so we pick up again on Monday.

Monday 3/23

Today has been stressful. I started the week off behind on history, and even though my teacher gave us all an extension, the stress killed my productivity. I skipped dance today in the hopes that I can finish my work before midnight. I'd like to play Cards Against Humanity with my friends. They're planning a game after Madison finishes dinner. I've been feeling a bit lonely for the past few days. It's been ten days since I left the house. My family is loud and they're starting to stress me out.

Here's Amber, since you guys liked Mint so much.

Tuesday 3/24

I left the house today. I went to Publix with my mom. It seemed quieter than usual, but I couldn't decide if that was a product of me being extra observant or not. The shelves looked about like I expected. Entire shelves that normally held nonperishables were completely empty. They didn't have any flour that wasn't paleo or gluten free or something equally expensive. They did appear to be fully stocked on cleaning brushes, though. They were also out of the whipped cream we wanted, which was sad, but that happened sometimes before the Corona Virus, too.
I took a two hour nap after we got home because I was tired. That might have had something to do with how late I stayed up playing Cards Against Humanity. It was worth it, though! It was nice to talk to people for a while.
I had contemporary class right after I woke up from my nap. I had a hard time following the combination on a video instead of in person. Ballet is easier to follow because the movements are fairly standard and defined, while contemporary is freeform. It has defined movements, but you're also free to make things up if you want.

The toilet paper aisle, because I had to take a picture.

Wednesday 3/25

They postponed the Olympics. I'm not surprised, but it adds to the seriousness of this mess.
I planted a plant today! I also continued a short story that I was writing a few weeks ago. My sister did my brother's hair. He has four pigtails on top of his head.
Otherwise, I did nothing but school, so I'll talk about my goals for break instead. Camp NaNoWriMo starts in 6 days, and my plan is to finish Scouts. I say that every time, but I swear it's going to happen. I'm close to the end AND I have a plan. I want to revive my blogs and keep up with my Instagram accounts better. I want to finish reading Children of Blood and Bone. I've made a bit of progress in the past few days. It's getting very exciting. (Update from future Lanie: I finished it!) 
I checked out two more books on the RBDigital app that I plan to read over break, The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Homer. I'm currently 4 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, and it would be nice to catch up.

Plant.

Thursday 3/26

Today my brother asked for eight pigtails. My sister gave him two.
In today's math lesson, my teacher told us how much she missed us and asked if we would all turn our cameras on so she could see our faces. It made me cry because she's so sweet, and I miss my teachers.
After that, I just did my schoolwork. Tomorrow is the beginning of spring break, if that means anything at all now.  I won't have work to do, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing.

My sister baking gingerbread cookies.

Friday 3/27

I forgot to write this entry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saturday 3/28

I got coffee this morning! A local coffee shop brought their truck to my neighborhood. My family walked over. It was nice to see other people around. The awkward groups of people trying to keep their distance from other groups of people was slightly amusing.
I called a friend for 3 hours. I love her because we can talk about random stuff for hours. Our topics included Furbies, how many bananas you'd have to eat to get radiation poisoning (too many), her boyfriend, Smoothie King, and lots of other fun stuff.

I had an entry for Sunday, too, but I ended up posting it on Sincerely, Lanie. Here's the link if you'd like to read it; it's about Welcome to Night Vale.
Although I hope you've enjoyed these two posts, I won't be continuing the series because I've covered all the new stuff. There's only so much you can do while staying home all the time.
Also... I have more posts planned. Again, I make no promises. ;)

Comments

You might also like